A new (And final) BETA for the v2 of the app is now ready for you to download and test.
This will be the last beta before we hit the final stable release so this version should be pretty much stable now.
If you would like to give feedback or if you find a bug that isnt on the below list please email email@example.com and in the subject include [FEEDBACK] or [BUG] (This also includes any spelling mistakes in the text etc.)
You can grab the apk from HERE
Below is the complete change log from the first beta onwards but the big change for this version is the introduction of a in app file manger.
If you have placed your img file in a different location, up till now you have had to manually type in the complete location of the file, now there is button next to this text box which will open the file manger, then simply navigate to the img file and click it.
All that is left for us to do now is clean up the code, and improve layouts for larger screens. We will also plan to be releasing Ubuntu 12.10 images, bring arch linux to stable and bring fedora/openSUSE to beta to be ready with the stable release. This is going to be one huge stable release!
BETA 3 change log
Huge reworking of the app from the ground app, everything is optimised and new features including:
- Removed ‘dashboard’ UI in favour of a side opening menu to make switching between menu items much quicker
- Tabs used in Install guides to make moving through the install process easier (you can also swipe from tab to tab)
- New First ‘boot’ loading screen to give user information about what the app is doing on first boot, which stops freezing
- New way of handling donation keys should stop the app from not seeing a key when its installed (keys DO NOT need updating)
- Fixed ubuntu 10.10 linked to the wrong location
- Moved News to AsyncTask to stop it freezing
- Reworded All text to be easy to translate and fixed all grammar and spelling mistakes
- New File Manager to select image file in launcher
- New Finnish, Danish, Korean translations
— KNOWN BUGS —
- Tablet layouts are not yet working
— TO DO —
- Fix Tablet layouts
- Across app cleanup
— BETA bugs fixed —
- Themed sidebar
- Side menu will not open on launcher
- Fix Theme
- News Fixed
- Pressing launcher menu automaticly opens ‘edit’
- Add filemanger