Good evening/afternoon/morning to you all.
Today I bring to you the first BETA of the Complete Linux Installer v2.
This is only the first BETA and there will be bugs, and many things will change between now and the final V2 release.
I hope that many of you will download this new version and try it out and give feedback, this is your chance to help shape the final version!
If you would like to give feedback or if you find a bug that isnt on the below list please email email@example.com and in the subject include [FEEDBACK] or [BUG]
All the translations have had to be removed as we are rewriting the strings used and so with the second BETA we will release the file that will be translated.
The biggest change in BETA 1 is visual, the UI has been completely rewritten to make moving around the app much faster with less wasted space. The app now features a ‘Splash’ screen that will move through all the first run set up (coping files etc etc) and stops the app freezing like it used to. The install guides now feature a tabbed UI that you can swipe through to move from step to step.
The biggest change of the UI is the removal of the ‘dashboard’ in favour of a side opening menu (much like the facebook app side menu), this allows you to move between say the install guide and launcher without going back to a menu.
Thats it for now but there will be plenty of extra features coming in over the BETAs (and of any good features suggested by users).
You can download the APK from HERE
V2 BETA 1 Changelog
Huge reworking of the app from the ground app:
- Removed ‘dashboard’ UI in favour of a side opening menu to make switching between menu items much quicker
- Tabs used in Install guides to make moving through the install process easier (you can also swipe from tab to tab)
- New First ‘boot’ loading screen to give user information about what the app is doing on first boot, which stops freezing
- New way of handling donation keys should stop the app from not seeing a key when its installed (keys DO NOT need updating)
- Fixed ubuntu 10.10 linked to the wrong location
- Moved News to AsyncTask to stop it freezing
- Sidebar needs some real theming (still one ugly menu)
- Theme needs to be fixed across android versions
- Tablet layouts are not yet working
- Theme sidebar
- Fix Theme
- Fix Tablet layouts
- Add filemanger
- Across app cleanup